Senior Executive Interview Script
All eager young professionals have role models that they look up to and that they hope to emulate. Previously, it was very rare for a young employee to have access to senior executives. However, the days of an opaque bureaucracy are over. Now, young professionals have an expectation of exposure to executive leadership.
With technology available today, it is easier than ever to create access to mentors and share insights and lessons learned. The best part - most senior executives love giving back and helping young professionals develop.
Use this script to interview senior executives and give young employees insight and exposure to help them develop and grow:
- Where are you from? Where did you go to college? What did you study?
- What career path did you think you were going to pursue when you were in college?
- How did you first get to this industry / company?
- What else were you considering doing with your career? How did you decide on this path?
- Who has helped you along the way?
- What advice would you give to someone starting out in this industry?
- What advice would you give to someone joining the company?
- What excites you about working for this company? What are the opportunities?
- What are the risks? What keeps you up at night?
- How has this industry changed over the last 10 years?
- What do you think will change over the next 10 years?