Conference Debrief Script
Conferences and events can be a great way to meet new people and learn about what's going on in your industry. But how much of the knowledge is lost because someone went to the wrong breakout session? What about all the other employees that couldn't attend?
Use this script to debrief the key lessons learned at conferences to make sure that you maximize the return on your investment:
- Quick introduction - What conference was this? Who put it on? What types of people attended?
- What speakers did you see? Were they keynotes or break out sessions?
- What were the top 2 - 3 topics / trends discussed? What were the unavoidable buzz words? What is the industry trying to figure out? This usually gives a good pulse of the industry, for better or worse.
- Were there any interesting vendors there?
- Were there a lot of potential customers there?
- What was the most valuable part?
- What could have been done better?
- Would you go again?
P.S. We have found that simple voice recordings on a smartphone taken at a bar / coffee shop / airport work well for this.